The manufacturer had to ensure that
- the demand across hundreds of dealerships are met on-time
- while leveraging the maximum of the lowest cost transport resources.
- impeccable planning and scheduling of transportation resources while
- dynamically re-planning on a real-time basis
- considering the field conditions,
- while also considering the dozens of other constraints that needed to be met for this be achieved optimally.
The manufacturer onboarded Enmovil’s OptiRun- a one in a suite of applications with optimal scheduling and planning algorithms that takes in many constraints to deliver a complete schedule for the upcoming days and weeks, as per OEM’s preferences. Some of the features of the solution are:
Automated scheduling : OptiRun handles various constraints, like availability of resources, price of resources, downtime management etc, to deliver an optimal scheduling plan with minimum costs.
Schedule monitoring & Auto-escalation : OptiRun handles various constraints, like availability of resources, price of resources, downtime management etc, to deliver an optimal scheduling plan with minimum costs.
Dynamic Re-scheduling : The actual movement of resources against the original plan are monitored by the application on a real time basis and it automatically manages resource re-allocation to maximize deliveries at lowest cost.
The manufacturer has been able to fully automate planning of his entire resources well in advance. This in-turn, provided the manufacturer complete visibility into resource requirements for the upcoming weeks / month while also delivering deep insights into the operations requirements to meet demand.
OptiRun’s auto-planning enabled the OEM to increase the material dispatch by over 2% and reduce the average cost of dispatch by material. This went a long way in meeting customer expectations while reducing logistics cost.